Saturday, July 26, 2014

Back in Time (#1) --> A New Beginning

Back in Time is a meme hosted here at Time Turning Reads, where we discuss main events and happenings here on the blog that have taken place in the past week, month, etc. Anything in the recent past really.

This post will be discussing everything from the start of Time Turning Reads until now. I figure this makes the most sense because everything has to start at the beginning, right? So anyways, it's time to go back in time *cue time travel music*

What's Been Going on With Me

Obviously the biggest thing that happened with me is that I moved from my old blog, Swimming Through Thoughts, tho this new one with the crazy design! I'm not exactly sure how to feel about the move, but overall it's pretty positive. One thing's for sure, I will never be a Wordpress blogger again. Thank GOODNESS that part of my life was over. Now, however, I'm going to have to deal with the constant need to fix my crazy design, and work out the quirks of each post, but overall, I'm hoping that Time Turning Reads will become my home, and I'm REALLY hoping that the move 2 weeks ago will be my last one for a long time, if not forever. It physically hurts me when I move a blog and don't get to discuss posts with the people I did before. You see, people tend to comment more when they know you, and since I've been on Blogger again for a scant blue moon, I haven't been in contact with tons of people. I'm keeping my eyes open for comments though!

Speaking of getting into contact with people, I've also been visiting many, many, many blogs, in the hopes of finding new, engaging content, and of course, talking to other bookish people. I can definitely say I've had a huge blast doing that. And please everyone, leave the link to your blog in the comments below; I'm always on the lookout for a great site to follow!

So I've been realizing that we're in the middle of summer break, which is why I'm not having too many problems keeping up to date on my blog posts and book reviews. It also helps that I have an arsenal of posts that none of you have seen yet thanks to my older blogs. But even now I'm having trouble balancing college applications, the SAT & ACT, my summer homework, and blogging...which is to say I'm procrastinating on everything but the blogging. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm just not exactly sure how steady things are going to be once I begin catching up on everything I'm procrastinating on. I'm hoping everything will stay the same - there are 24 hours in a day after all - but this is just a heads up.

And that is basically all I've been doing this entire week (not including an awesome volunteering sesh at the library!). You can see how much of a procrastinating recluse I am...

Popular Blog Posts

Below I've listed the blog posts written within the last two weeks that you guys have shown the most activity/interest in. Check them out if you haven't already!


Blog Posts From All Around

As I mentioned before, I've been visiting a lot of blogs recently, and so I decided to compile a list of some of the most interesting blog posts I've seen around the world wide web this week. Don't be afraid to take a look!


Books I've Read These Past 2 Weeks

Click on the book cover to see my review of the book (if it's already posted):


-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-


That's all there is for this week. Hope you enjoyed going back in time!