Sunday, July 5, 2015

SBPT15 Stop #1 - Amber & Jessica from The Book Bratz!

The 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour is hosted by Amber and Jessica at The Book Bratz, and it's a fun tour where book bloggers collaborate with other book bloggers, become besties, and introduce one another on each of our blogs. The added benefit is if you've gotten bored of me, you get to meet some awesome people you may not have been introduced to before!

This week you're meeting:

Jessica & Amber from The Book Bratz




I'm particularly excited about this first stop because I'm basically hosting the hosts of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour, or SBPT15 - I'm honored. I've been friends with these two for a while now on Twitter and they're extremely nice people. They are co-blogger goals, and if I ever decide to get a co-blogger, I'm hoping we'll have a similar relationship. You should probably check out their blog if you haven't already, because they do much more with their site than simply post reviews.

In a further (hopefully successful) attempt to help you guys get to know Amber and Jessica better, I've asked the lovely duo to participate in a game I like to call Situational Reads. In this game, I come up with sometimes weird, sometimes normal situations the two have gotten themselves into, and they try and think of the one book they'd want with them in such a situation. Got the hang of it? Alright, here we go!


Me: You're stuck in the bathroom and can't get out because the door is stuck.
Jessica: Winter by Marissa Meyer. It's 800 pages long, so it would definitely keep me occupied until somebody got me help.
Amber: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. It is 600 pages!

Me: You wake up in the middle of a rainforest and have no idea how you got there.
Jessica: I'd probably cry first. Then I'd find a comfortable space and start reading Looking for Alaska by John Green because it's my favorite book of all time and would give me a lot of comfort until I was calm enough to find my way home.
Amber: Probably anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout. She is my to-go-to author!

Me: You've had a crush on a guy for a few years and you just found out that he's taken AKA you're heartbroken.
Jessica: I'd read The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler! The title fits the situation perfectly - and the story does too, kind of.
Amber: The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine because it was really cute and made me smile!

Me: You're extremely bored and sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing.
Jessica: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. That book is entertainment in and of itself - the comedy is on point.
Amber: Soundless by Richelle Mead because my ARC TBR pile is never ending.

Me: You just won the lottery!
Jessica: I'd read The Lying Game series because everyone in that book is pretty much filthy stinking rich and I could figure out what kind of stuff I should be buying.
Amber: Same with Pretty Little Liars. So rich. I don't know anything about brand name stuff. I would also buy all the books!

Me: You move somewhere far away from the city and discover that dragons are real. Then you befriend one.
Jessica: ...I don't think I've ever read a book with a dragon in it - yikes! I'd probably read The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout because gargoyle monster things are kind of like dragons, right? Maybe the book could tell me what to do and how not to get killed...
Amber:  Talon by Julie Kagawa!

Me: You get stuck in a world where Amber does not know Jessica, and Jessica does not know Amber.
Jessica: Oh boy, that would be weird. I'd read the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout because she's Amber's favorite author and she loved the series, and I'd at least know what kind of stuff to talk about if we ever met up as strangers and needed to spark conversation.
Amber: I would attempt to read more John Green books.

Me: You're off to your first day of your freshman year of college.
Jessica: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell! Since Wren and Cath were in the same situation.
Amber: Probably a NA about that. I am an awkward person.

Me: You live in an igloo and you're currently snuggled up in about seven different blankets.
Jessica: Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins because it's such a steamy book that it would warm me right up. ;-) #ISighForKai
Amber: Why does Jess always steal my answers!? I'll be generic then. Something steamy!

Me: You're a fairy.
Jessica: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson! It's told from the point of view of Tinkerbell.
Amber: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas for MANY reasons!


See, I told you those two were awesome. It was so much fun having them on the blog today! If they've intrigued your interest, I recommend you go shoot them a follow and/or start a few conversations with them. I know for a fact that they don't bite.

Keep your eyes open for stop #2 next Sunday - I'll be back on the blog with another fun book blogger to show off!