Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#11) - Love, Lies & Spies

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and it features an upcoming release that we're crazy excited for and literally cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week's pick is:


Love, Lies & Spies
by Cindy Anstey
Genre: Historical, Romance
Publication Date: April 19, 2016
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Pages: 352 pages


Juliana Telford is not your average nineteenth-century young lady. She’s much more interested in researching ladybugs than marriage, fashionable dresses, or dances. So when her father sends her to London for a season, she’s determined not to form any attachments. Instead, she plans to secretly publish their research.

Spencer Northam is not the average young gentleman of leisure he appears. He is actually a spy for the War Office, and is more focused on acing his first mission than meeting eligible ladies. Fortunately, Juliana feels the same, and they agree to pretend to fall for each other. Spencer can finally focus, until he is tasked with observing Juliana’s traveling companions . . . and Juliana herself. 






Why I'm Waiting...

The first thing that brought my attention to this book, without a doubt, was the cover. It's so very pretty and intricate, I love how a bunch of keys are scattered throughout the cover; I also like the little scene in the middle of it all, with the lady chasing after the stagecoach. This might just be me but I find it all very romantic and Victorian, two my favorite things. And then of course the word love is right there in the title, so it's like this book was made for me. Oh and I didn't even mention my love of spies.

I'm always on the lookout for books about the London season, especially YA ones. Unfortunately there aren't too many of these, so I always get super excited when something like this drops onto my radar. It's also kind of cute REALLY cute how Juliana is more interested in ladybugs than guys. I love quirky heroines.

The hero is a spy so that's just a whole bunch of yay. I'm not a hundred percent sure how I feel about them agreeing to pretend to fall for each other, but the latter part of the synopsis implies some romantic, not-too-sappy shenanigans, which sounds good to me! I hope the novel turns out amazing - and please let there be witty banter.


What book are you waiting on this week?

Tell me below in the comments or drop a link!