Sunday, July 26, 2015

SBPT15 Stop #4 - Kaitlin from Reading Is My Treasure

The 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour is hosted by Amber and Jessica at The Book Bratz, and it's a fun tour where book bloggers collaborate with other book bloggers, become besties, and introduce one another on each of our blogs. The added benefit is if you've gotten bored of me, you get to meet some awesome people you may not have been introduced to before!

This week you're meeting:

Kaitlin from Reading Is My Treasure




I'm guessing that many of you have stumbled upon Kaitlin's blog from time to time, or maybe you even follow it avidly. If you're the former, worry not, I'll get you introduced to her in just a jiffy. If you're the latter, welcome to the blog. I'm really bad at commenting and keeping up with all the wonderful blogs out there in the blogosphere, but Kaitlin's is one of my favorites: I adore her reviews, her unique posts, and her blog design! I love reading her tweets and she's a super nice person. It doesn't get better than that ;)

I took advantage of the fact that she was on my tour schedule and asked her if she would share with us what she thinks of as the three most painful cliffhangers she has come across over the years, along with the GIFs that accurately portray her reaction to each cliffhanger. Eager to find out which cliffhangers were most agonizing? So am I!


The Cliffhangers That Have Killed Me The Most

Before I dive in, I want to say thank you to Preethi for hosting me on her blog for the SBPT Tour! I had fun finding gifs for this post.

1. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


When Preethi sent me my topic, I immediately thought of The Orphan Queen. I mean, there's an entire support group for this book (#OQSupportGroup). Whenever I someone tells me that they're starting this one, I say "good luck with the feels." The feels from this cliffhanger are BAD. The ending lingered with me and when I got onto my computer to tweet about it, I ended up looking at the screen with a blank, wide eyed stare. I refused to believe what happened really happened, but at the same time, I came up with all these reasons for what happened to be true.

My reaction to this ending:


-

2. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


The ending to this one may not be as cliffhanger-y as the books after it, but it was the most emotionally damaging. If you've read it, you know what I mean. Certain things that happened near the end were horrible, then the book was over, leaving me hanging and needing the sequel. (When I first read this, the fourth book wasn't out. It was devastating.)

My reaction to this ending:


-

3. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


The ending of Crown of Midnight left me needing to get my hands on Heir of Fire! A HUGE twist was revealed at the very end. That along with certain upsetting circumstances made this cliffhanger painful. I needed more and I had to wait!! D:

My reaction to this ending:


Have you read any of these books? Did I pick fitting gifs for these cliffhanger endings?


I don't know about you guys, but those three endings shocked the very socks off of my feet and had me begging for more! This is especially true in the last two books Kaitlin picked, though luckily for me I had the next book after Shadow Kiss at the ready (this is the benefit of reading a series after it's finished). I actually just finished the comic version of Shadow Kiss not too long ago, and that ending still shocked the heck out of me. 

My point is, KAITLIN, YOU PICKED AMAZING CLIFFHANGERS. I hope that helped you guys get to know a bit more about the wonderful blogger! If you'd like to chat with her, here are her links:


On stop #5 of SBPT15 we'll be meeting the mind behind Ana Loves..., and this time the chat will be all about book boyfriends. See you next week!