Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Book & Gelato Pairings - 2015 YA Edition


I know it's been a couple of days since I last posted, so if you're wondering where I was, I was probably reading a good book with a pint of Talenti gelato by my side. Yes, I've hopped that bandwagon, and I have loved every moment of it since. I'd seen Talenti tubs all over Instagram and in my grocery store, so last week I decided to forgo all caution and just try out a flavor ('cause let's be honest, the packaging is gorgeous). The first spoonful of Dark Raspberry Chocolate Chip was basically the best thing that ever happened to me, and that's when I decided it'd be a great idea to match gelato to books as one does chocolate to wine. Of course, it took me a while to match up the books to the flavors and sit down in a chair long enough to make the infographic, but lo and behold, it's finally done! I hereby present to you this year's Young Adult edition of book & gelato pairings! I hope you enjoy trying out each unique flavor with its matching book.


A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - Black Cherry Gelato

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios - Southern Butter Pecan Gelato
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace - Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Gelato
99 Days by Katie Cotugno - Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey - Caramel Cookie Crunch Gelato
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas - Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Gelato

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh - Sicilian Pistachio Gelato
The Heir by Kiera Cass - Mediterranean Mint Gelato

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows - Toasted Almond Gelato
Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli  - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Gelato
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby - Simply Strawberry Gelato