Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#5)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and it features an upcoming release that we're crazy excited for and literally cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week's pick is:

Queen of Shadows
by Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #4
Genre: High Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 576 pages

Sarah J. Maas's New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series reaches new heights in this sweeping fourth volume.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.



Why I'm Waiting...

Note: There may be spoilers for the first three books in the series.

First, I think we should all take a moment to just look at that cover, and maybe squeal a bit if you want to. Got that over with? Yes? Moony eyes kept in check? Perfect. With the cover of the fourth book of the Throne of Glass series revealed not too long ago, the anticipation for the book is fierce, and no matter how many times I look at that gorgeous cover, I can't - and WILL NOT - stop swooning. Just look how kick-butt our Celaena looks on that cover with her hair cut short, that "I'm gonna kill you if it's the last thing I do" look on her face, and that ginormous sword in her hand. It's so beautiful, I get teary-eyed every time I look at her. But of course, the cover isn't the only reason I want this book so desperately.

Chaol has been having...problems...with coming to terms with Celaena's true identity, and so he wasn't a major feature in the last book. I would have been extremely disappointed, except for the fact that we got to spend a lot of our time with Rowan, and he was pretty wow himself. As far as I am concerned, there is a Team Rowan and a Team Chaol. I am definitely Team Chaol - besides, I'm pretty sure Rowan and Celaena's relationship is destined for a different sort of path (at least that's the message I got from the end of the last novel). In addition to all that drama, the cliffhanger in the last book may as well have been a serial killer holding a dagger in his hand, stabbing you repeatedly. Yes, that is how shocking and hurtful it was; I'm still not completely over it. I am extremely excited to see what happens to who in Queen of Shadows, so September 1st really can't come soon enough.

AND OMG THERE ARE FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SIX PAGES IN THIS BOOK. I don't care whether those pages are filled with epic love, action-packed fight scenes, gore, or downright pain, I NEED THE FEELS.


What book are you waiting for?

Link me up, and I'll be sure to drop by!