Monday, August 25, 2014

My 7 Deadly Sins (The Truth Has Come Out!)


The wonderful Kirsty-Marie Jones who blogs over at Studio Reads tagged me a few days ago to reveal my 7 deadly sins, and so here I am, being forced to willingly revealing all my terrible, terrible secrets. Get ready to meet my dark side, mwahahahahaha!




I suppose if you don't count the review copies we book bloggers receive, my most inexpensive book would still be free, thanks to my local public library and my elementary school. In elementary school each person in the class would get to pick one free book from the book fair, and each summer, if we finish our summer reading logs, we get a free book! So anyways, my latest free book from the library summer program was 'Poison' by Bridget Zinn (which I still haven't read yet...oops).


If I had to think of one at the top of my head, I'd have to say Sarah J. Maas. And yes, I can hear you all gasping and shaking your fists at me, but hear me out. It's true that her Throne of Glass series is one of the best high fantasy stories out there, but ugh her cliffhangers! They kill me! And the fact that she kept Celaena from Chaol for the ENTIRE third novel...I died (and may have been kind of unfaithful to Chaol as well). I CANNOT wait to see how their reunion goes in the next novel!!


This is kind of a hard one, because I'm not usually one to re-read books. However, when I lived in India for a year, there were literally no books at that school's library, so I had to depend on my own bookshelf for enjoyment. I remember re-reading The Hunger Games trilogy several times, and while I re-read some other series as well, I think the THG trilogy is my most read series. I was obsessed with Peeta and Katniss's romance at the time, and many times I would just skim to the romantic moments in each book and read and re-read and re-re-read. With no shame!


I have put A LOT of books aside due to laziness, which actually makes since I've always been a lazy person, and guess what, my favorite color is purple! The most recent book that I've put off thanks to my laziness is 'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon. I recently fell in love with the new TV show on Starz, and as much as I want to read the book, I'm not sure I'm read - or have the time - to start a 870 page book right now.


Well this is embarrassing, but I never actually try to sound like an intellectual reader. I'm fine just gushing about who I totally ship in this novel and how cute the romance was in that novel XD However, whenever I do occasionally want to bring notice to my brain and "intellectual hobbies", I discuss 'Persuasion' and 'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen to show that I'm a huge fan of the classics (I'm really only a fan of Austen). Eventually though, even that ends up in a ramble of how amazing Mr. Darcy is and how much I loved Anne and Captain Wentworth haha.


Well, when I'm reading, I usually love my heroines to be feisty, but at the same time they should be altruistic and understanding. My favorite female characters know right from wrong, and though they mostly make the right decisions - decisions best for others - whenever they don't, they make sure to apologize. And of course, the heroine of a novel should NEVER be manipulative. I also always love when my heroines are vulnerable...makes for some good romantic scenes.

For the guys, well, I love love love when they're arrogant. Not the brooding bad guys, as Kirsty puts it, but the brooding good guys. I love how the guy always tries to keep the girl out of danger, or simply wants more for her. It's adorable! And arrogance on a good guy is just so HOT! I'm not a fan of the goody-goodies...they make good friends, but not boyfriends. And witty humor always looks good on a guy too <3


To tell the truth, I'd really like to get a copy of either 'City of Heavenly Fire' or 'Outlander' right now. They're both huuuuge books, and I know I won't be able to finish either until I have the actual copy in my hands. There's just something about a hardcover book that makes you want to read and finish it as quickly as possible. I get all handsy with physical book copies.



Now It's Your Turn!

I nominate the following book bloggers to share their...*mysterious music*...Seven Deadly Sins!