Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#13) - When A Scot Ties The Knot

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and it features an upcoming release that we're crazy excited for and literally cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week's pick is:

When A Scot Ties The Knot
by Tessa Dare
Series: Castles Ever After #3
Genre: Historical Romance
Publication Date: August 25, 2015
Publisher: Avon
Pages: 384 pages

On the cusp of her first London season, Miss Madeline Gracechurch was shyly pretty and talented with a drawing pencil, but hopelessly awkward with gentlemen. She was certain to be a dismal failure on the London marriage mart. So Maddie did what generations of shy, awkward young ladies have done: she invented a sweetheart.

A Scottish sweetheart. One who was handsome and honorable and devoted to her, but conveniently never around. Maddie poured her heart into writing the imaginary Captain MacKenzie letter after letter … and by pretending to be devastated when he was (not really) killed in battle, she managed to avoid the pressures of London society entirely.

Until years later, when this kilted Highland lover of her imaginings shows up in the flesh. The real Captain Logan MacKenzie arrives on her doorstep—handsome as anything, but not entirely honorable. He’s wounded, jaded, in possession of her letters… and ready to make good on every promise Maddie never expected to keep.



Why I'm Waiting...

I think this is my first Historical Fiction as a WoW post. I don't usually anxiously await Historical Romances since there are already a ton of them out there and I'm not always in the mood for them, but this one has come across my attention so many times and I simply ignored it. Then a few days ago it was officially recommended to me, and while I kept the title in mind, I never actually checked it out. Finally, I was in the mood to go adding a ton of books in the genre to my TBR, and then it happened: I saw this book. However, for once, it wasn't the cover that caught may attention, or even the author. No, it was the synopsis.

I'm never completely sure what I'm looking for in a Historical Romance when I'm in the mood to read one - sometimes it just clicks and sometimes it doesn't. I read the blurb though, and I was lost. The plot set-up is just so up my alley that I find it preposterous that I didn't check this out sooner. What is wrong with me?! At the same time, I'm glad I only fell in love with this recently because otherwise I'd have way longer than six days to wait for the book to come out, and that would be nothing short of torture. I can't wait that long for swoony shenanigans!

What book are you waiting on this week?

Link me up and/or tell me below in the comments!