Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#6)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly even created by The Broke and the Bookish, where book bloggers everywhere form Top 10 Lists based on some pretty interesting bookish prompts.

This week's prompt is:

Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015 (in no particular order)




I'm not one of those "read all the beach-y books since it's summer" type of gal, so I apologize in advance if you're looking for those type of recommendations. Basically the top ten books on my summer TBR this year are just new releases that I'm really excited about and can't wait to read and/or slightly older books that I missed out on and probably should make time for. I'll try and refrain from putting down books from my June to-be-read list that I haven't read yet haha. Here we go! [Click the covers for the Goodreads]


Maid of Wonder by Jennifer McGowan: I have loved this series SO SO much ever since I got the first book into my hands one day, and each time after finishing a book in the series, I'm just sitting there crying out for the next one that, lucky me, hasn't been released yet. The guys are always awesome and the girls are always feisty...what more could you want in a book? Kidding. The plot is pretty good as well.

Spotless by Camilla Monk: I saw the cover one day on Goodreads - I don't quite remember how - and ever since, I was hooked. It was basically "I want to read you" at first sight. I have it on my Kindle but have yet to make time for it in my TV show and library/review book ridden schedule, but hopefully I'll be able to get to it before school starts up again (or in my case, my freshman year of college)!

After Hours by Claire Kennedy: Again, I'm not sure if this was a cover thing or not, but both that and the title caught my attention pretty quickly. This sounds like a cute fling of a summer book, and I'm waiting excitedly for the release date because I'm positive this is a book I'll love! It looks drama-ridden, but sometimes a girl needs some fictional drama in her life, you know what I mean?


Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine: I took interest in the first book last year, and after reading it and exclaiming a few hyperventilated breaths at that awfully rude cliffhanger, you know I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. Besides, that cover is too gorgeous not to want to hold in your hands and stare at for a while (for now, I'll have to comfort myself by staring at the cover in this post). This one actually comes out in early August, but that's still summer break so I figure it makes the list.

Searching for Always by Jennifer Probst: So I think almost all of you know about my obsession with Probst's novels - they're gorgeous pieces of work and they have yet to disappoint. I'm surprised that the fourth book in the Searching For series is coming out so soon after the last one, which released a short while ago, but hey, I'm not going to complain. After meeting the love interest of this book in the last one, there are no words for how little I can wait to read this one!! I want my snarky police officer!



 Last Year's Mistake: *cough* *cough* So maybe I am in a beach-y read mood after all, because this is the third contemporary romance on my list and I can guarantee it's not going to be the last. This is another one of those novels that I wanted as soon as I got a peek at the cover - if you can't tell, I'm definitely a judge a book by it's cover type of person - and now it's just a matter of being in the mood to read it. I'm all for old-flame romances, so I can't wait to give this one a go.

Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen: I read the first book in the series Stolen Songbird last year and was very surprised at how much I ended up liking it (which was a lot, if you can't tell). The romance was perfection, and that cliffhanger killed me. I've been a bit hesitant to start this one because that last cliffhanger leads me to believe this novel will have a slow start, but I've seen many good reviews around and I'm hoping I'll feel the same way.

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry: This is probably terrible of me, but I've only read one of this author's books before, and that's Pushing the Limits. It was an amazing book so I don't really now why I never followed up on the series - really, sometimes I don't understand my brain at all. Whether or not I ever end up finishing up that series, I really want to start reading Nowhere But Here, hence its presence on my summer TBR.


Bridesmaid Blues by Boone Brux: This happens to be the third adult romance on my 2015 summer TBR, but I just can't seem to help myself! I saw this one on Goodreads a few days ago and after reading the blurb, I knew I needed this. Unfortunately, I don't own it so it may be a while until I can procure a copy for myself. All I know is that I need this book as soon as possible.

A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer: The last book on my list is actually a Christian Fiction - not a genre I read regularly, but one I do enjoy and crave every now and then. I'll read anything written by Witemeyer, and somehow it slipped my notice that this novel was already out and about in the world. My first order of business, of course, will be buying this, and second (my favorite part), reading it!



Do any of these books happen to be on your Summer 2015 TBR? Are there any that aren't but you want to read? Let's discuss!