Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Not Waiting on Wednesday (#2)


Maybe you've noticed that instead of reading WoW, this meme reads Not WoW? Worry not: you're not going crazy, you're not hallucinating, it really does say that! You've got to admit that WoW posts every week can get kind of boring, right? So what better way to get to know your blogger better than to find out a book they're NOT waiting for!

This week's pick is:

Lion Heart
by A.C. Gaughen
Series: Scarlet #3
Genre: Historical Fiction, Retelling, YA
Publication Date: May 19, 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 348 pages

The eagerly-awaited conclusion to the Scarlet trilogy delivers another action-packed and romance-filled adventure.

Scarlet has captured the hearts of readers as well as the heart of Robin Hood, and after ceaseless obstacles and countless threats, readers will finally find out the fate of the Lady Thief.

Imprisoned by Prince John for months, Scarlet finds herself a long way from Nottinghamshire. After a daring escape from the Prince's clutches, she learns that King Richard’s life is in jeopardy, and Eleanor of Aquitaine demands a service Scarlet can’t refuse: spy for her and help bring Richard home safe. But fate—and her heart—won’t allow her to stay away from Nottinghamshire for long, and together, Scarlet and Rob must stop Prince John from going through with his dark plans for England. They can not rest until he’s stopped, but will their love be enough to save them once and for all?



Why I'm NOT Waiting...

It's quite possible that none of you are going to believe me when I say that it actually HURTS me to put this book up as a Not Waiting on Wednesday (NWoW) post rather than a WoW post. This series has all the signs of greatness: a gorgeous cover, a fairytale retelling, and romance. I read the first book, Scarlet, before it became a thing within the book blogger community, and according to the five stars I gave it, I loved it. Nevertheless, every time I think back on it, all I can seem to muster up is that it really wasn't all that great of a book (Sorrrrry guys! I didn't mean to put that stake in your heart!). A couple of months ago, I checked the second book out from the school library, but I only got a few chapters in before I realized I was bored. Maybe I didn't wait long enough? I sure hope so, because I'd really like to feel the same amount of joy that everyone else seems to feel about this series. I'm hoping that I'll get the chance to pick it up again one day, and the second time around, I will fall in love. As for now, I fail to see the light about how amazing this series is, and as such, Lion Heart isn't exactly a book I'm eagerly anticipating.