Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#3)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly even created by The Broke and the Bookish, where book bloggers everywhere form Top 10 Lists based on bookish prompts.

This week's prompt is:

Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting at My Lunch Table




1. Four (aka Tobias Eaton) from 'Divergent' by Veronica Ross
Turns out summer break was not enough time to get over Theo James and his hotness awesomeness, so of course he is going to be the FIRST person at my lunch table. I'm sorry Tris, but it looks like I'm stealing your man!

2. Celaena Sardothien from 'Throne of Glass' by Sarah J. Maas
Celaena has got to be the most kick-ass heroine/assassin, and add that to her amazing faerie powers, and I'd be stupid not to have her at my table. Plus, it wouldn't do not to invite the future queen to lunch with me; she'd probably be annoyed she couldn't sit with Four, and then she'd fry me with her new-found powers.

3. Ren (Alagan Dhiren Rajaram) from 'Tiger's Curse' by Colleen Houck
Hot Indian Prince from the past? Yessssss! Of course, I'm pretty sure he's already married, but I'm just borrowing him, so it's alright, right Kelsey? What, you want him back? Umm...sorry, this phone connection sucks!! Don't worry, I'll have Ren back to you tomorrow (if a little wrinkled from hugging)!

4. Jamie Fraser from 'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon
I know, I know, I still haven't read the book, but I started reading it, and I bought both the ebook and paperback versions, and I watch the TV series. That's got to count for something, right? Plus, remember how I said I wasn't sure about Claire being with Jamie since she's already married? Well, problem solved: I'll have him instead.

5. Will Herondale from 'Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare
I was beyond furious with Tessa's decision at the end of The Infernal Devices, so yeah, Will would have been MUCH better off with me. At least I would have treated him right *humph*. As would more than half the girls on this planet (aka those not affiliated with Team Jem).

6. Hermione Granger from 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' by J.K. Rowling
I've been wanting to meet Hermione since 6th grade, ever since I first read the series. I will definitely invite her to my lunch table, because boy would I love some study tips and last minute summer homework help. And also, maybe if I sit close enough to her, some of her smartness will rub off on me!

7. Mary Quinn from 'A Spy in the House' by Y.S. Lee
Some people might ask Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew to teach them sleuthing/mystery-solving skills, but I'm afraid they're too high-profile for my table, and didn't accept the invitation >.< So, I settled for Mary to teach me a few things. Now I'll be able to successfully disguise myself as a boy, as well as catch myself a British hunk!

8. Mr. Darcy from 'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen
I know, I know, you want him at your table, but too bad 'cause I'm not sharing! Everyone wants to meet the legendary Mr. Darcy, but don't worry, I won't steal him away from dear Elizabeth. I just want to experience his bad manners firsthand and see how closely he resembles Colin Firth.

9. Elena Gilbert from 'The Awakening' by L.J. Smith
The only reason Elena is at my table instead of Damon is because I REALLY need to yell at her. First, I have to ask her why her mind was so boring that I couldn't even get through the first book in The Vampire Diaries. Second, I have to ask her to get her personality straight: is she the self-absorbed girl from the novel, or is she the kind, selfless girl form the TV show??!

10. Arin from 'The Winner's Curse' by Marie Rutkoski
While I would loooove to steal Arin away from Kestrel, I'm going to be a good little fangirl and instead bonk him over the head and open his eyes to what Kestrel is really planning. I'm going to mend his little heart and set him on the path of saving Kestrel (while at the same time convincing him to give me a few excerpts from the next book, whoo!).



Which characters are sitting at your lunch table? Link me up!